Chief Flight Instructor (CFI)
Chief Flight Instructor to strengthen our FSC organization.
As a Chief Flight Instructor, you are responsible to lead and inspire a great team of more than 150 Instructors and safeguard quality and standards in instruction provided on all training courses.
Ensuring compliance with EASA regulations in the training of students and supervision of flight instructors while serving as and performing instructional duties. You will report directly to the Head of Training.
Tasks & responsibilities
- ATO responsibilities according EASA part FCL;
- Manages Chief Instructors and simulator training Instructors (SFI/TRI);
- Responsible for the quality and standards of all flight simulator instruction as specified in the various training manuals;
- Supports the Head of Training and Manager Training in developing vision, strategy and policies;
- Delegates and monitors development of training material/syllabi in accordance with EASA regulations and ATO standards;
- Manages the Instructor manpower planning and internal coordination;
- Responsible for the Instructor recruitment and Instructor dismissal procedures;
- Coordinates and plans Instructor refresher courses;
- Manages the Instructor refresher content and program;
- Coordinates and facilitates the ATO Chief instructor standardization meetings;
- Pro-actively monitors trainee progress in consultation with chief Instructor;
- Responsible for accurate student progress reporting and instructor feedback;
- Monitors simulator status in coordination with technical department;
- Evaluates simulator deficiencies and impact on training;
- Communicates simulator status to Chief Instructors and Instructors;
- Reports any safety hazards and occurrences;
- Participation in the safety action group on behalf of the Head of Training.
Skills and Experience
- More than 3000 MPA hours in an airline environment
- More than 1000 hours as pilot in command (PIC), minimum of 500 hours giving instruction (TRI) related to flight training (FCL ORA.ATO 210)At least 5 year experience as Instructor (TRI) within commercial/Airline training;
- Extensive training management and TRI/TRE experience;
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of EASA part FCL/ATO/ORO regulations;
- Excellent communications and writing skills in Dutch and English; other languages are an advantage.
- Education level of the highest professional pilot license (ATPL) and associated ratings related to the ATO flight training courses and holds an instructor/examiner (TRI/TRE) rating;
- You have good leadership and well-developed interpersonal skills you are accurate and an eye for detail;
- You are enthusiastic, team player, ambitious, result-oriented and pro-active.
FSC offers you
- A full-time position within a professional, passionate, enthusiastic and growing company;
- A salary in line with the market, a contract for 7 months with a prospect of a permanent contract;
- Pension scheme based on the defined contribution scheme;
- Travel allowance, laptop, and mobile phone.
Do you recognize yourself? Yes, then we are looking forward meeting you! Send your Resumé and motivation letter in English to [email protected].
An assessment is part of the recruitment process.